Atlas-based 3D Image Segmentation
This is a joint project between the working groups Medical Planning and Computational Medicine. Segmentation of medical image data (CT, MRT, ...) is a prerequisite in computer assisted diagnosis and therapy planning. Due to the nature of medical images the task of segmentation can be tedious, time-consuming and may involve manual guidance. The goal of this project is to incorporate a-priori knowledge about shape and image characteristics of the objects to be segmented into the segmentation process. Further information is available in the detailed project description.
- Asclepios Research Project, INRIA Sophia Antipolis, France (Delingette, Pennec)
- Visualization Group, University of Magdeburg (Preim)
- Charité Berlin, Experimental and Clinical Research Center (Eulenstein, Schlag)
- Charité Berlin, Julius Wolff Institut (Heller, Duda)
- University of Southampton, Bioengineering Science Research Group, Great Britain (Strickland, Barrett)
- Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, Medical Technology Laboratory, Bologna, Italy (Schileo, Paletti)
- Politecnico di Milano, Biomedical Engineering, Milano, Italy (Cerveri, Orgiu)
- 1000shapes GmbH, Berlin
- Matheon Project A17 (Deuflhard, Kornhuber, Sander, Tröltzsch, Weiser)
- Matheon Project F1 (Bobenko, Ziegler)
- Matheon Project F4 (Polthier)
- Matheon Project F6 (Kornhuber, Polthier, Yserentant)
- Matheon Project F10 (Polzehl, Spokoiny)
DFG Research Center Matheon "Mathematics for key technologies"
06/2002 - 05/2014
A. Günther, H. Lamecker, M. Weiser:
Flexible Shape Matching with Finite Element Based LDDMM
Int. J. Computer Vision, Springer, accepted for publication, 2012.
D. Kainmueller, H. Lamecker, M. Heller, B. Weber, H.-C. Hege, S. Zachow:
Omnidirectional Displacements for Deformable Surfaces
Medical Image Analysis, Elsevier, accepted for publication, 2012.
Matthias Bindernagel, Dagmar Kainmüller, Heiko Seim, Hans Lamecker, Stefan Zachow:
Analysis of Inter-Individual Anatomical Shape Variations of Joint Structures
Proc. Int. Society of Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery (CAOS), no. 210, 2012.