Adaptive simulation of photonic crystals structures - Computation of band diagrams in 3D
Photonic bandgap material (photonic crystals, PhC's) offers the possibility to manipulate light on lengthscales of the order of its wavelength . This opens immense prospects for the miniaturization of optical components and other technological applications. The properties of PhC's are generally critically dependent on the wavelength of the propagating light. Thus, for the design of many of their applications it is crucial to use simulation tools with high accuracy, speed, and reliability. The focus of the project and the main tool for the analysis of unperturbed periodic crystals is the computation of band diagrams.
For more information see the HiPhoCs site.
- Efficient optimization of hollow-core photonic crystal fiber design using the finite-element methodJ. Europ. Opt. Soc: Rap. Comm., Vol. 1, 06011 (2006)
- Adaptive FEM solver for the computation of electromagnetic eigenmodes in 3D photonic crystal structuresIn: Scientific Computing in Electrical Engineering, A. M. Anile and G. Ali and G. Mascali (ed) Springer Verlag, 169-175 (2006)
- Finite element methods for optical device designIn: Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Numerical Simulation of Optoelectronic devices, 57-58 (2005)
- A multilevel method for the computation of eigenmodes in 3D photonic crystalsIn: Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Numerical Simulation of Optoelectronic Devices, 61-62 (2005)
- FEM modelling of 3D photonic crystals and photonic crystal waveguidesIn: Integrated Optics: Devices, Materials, and Technologies IX, Y. Sidorin and C. A. Wächter (ed) Proc. SPIE, Vol. 5728, 164-173 (2005)
- Efficient Finite Element Methods for the Design of Microoptical ComponentsIn: Proc. Microoptics Conf. 2004, J8 (2004)
- High-contrast planar photonic crystalsIn: Nanophotonics for Communication, M. Lipson et al. (ed) Proc. SPIE, Vol. 5597, 68-81 (2004)
- Planar High Index-Contrast Photonic Crystals for Telecom ApplicationsIn: Photonic Crystals - Advances in Design, Fabrication and Characterization, K. Busch et al. (ed) Wiley-VCH, 308-329 (2004)
- A fast and efficient Finite-Element Solver for 2D and 3D Photonic Band-Gap ProblemsIn: Dig. LEOS/IEEE 2003 Summer Topicals, 75 (2003)