Vor 125 Jahren wurde der indische Zahlenvirtuose Sriniwasa Ramanujan geboren. Der Autodidakt...
Der Bund bewilligt drei neue „Forschungscampus“.
Research Associate Position (f/m)
Application Code WA 08/12
The Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für Informationstechnik Berlin (Zuse Institute Berlin - ZIB) is a non-university research institute. In close interdisciplinary cooperation with the Berlin universities as well as national and international scientific institutions ZIB conducts research and development in the field of information technology, applied mathematics, and computer science. The department Visualization & Data Analysis, Working Group Medical Planning invites applications for a
Research Associate Position (f/m) - Application Code WA 08/12
Pay grade E13/Angleichungs-TV Land Berlin
Within an interdisciplinary project, scientific questions with respect to medical image segmentation, geometric modeling, implant design, reconstructive surgery, and computer assisted therapy planning are addressed. Topics at ZIB will be: Efficient medical image segmentation, geometric reconstruction of human anatomy from medical image data, digital geometry processing, and optimization of implant design and customization.
- Medical image segmentation using shape priors (i.e. statistical shape models)
- Development of algorithms for implant design and customization
- Development of planning tools for reconstructive surgery
- a university degree in mathematics, physics, or computer science with excellent knowledge in software development, digital image and geometry processing as well as visualization
- interest in application oriented research & development
- a strong interest in object oriented software engineering, software design and respective software tools
- excellent programming skills in C/C++ under Microsoft Windows or Linux
- experience in the development of reusable software code including the use of professional development tools
- very good communication skills in English
The successful candidate will work in an inspiring and pleasant environment in close collaboration with 1000shapes GmbH, a ZIB spin-off, and will receive adequate professional support. We offer a challenging scientific task, a high degree of autonomy and state-of-the-art technical infrastructure. Candidates are encouraged to pursue a doctoral degree in conjunction with their work at ZIB. The position will be initially financed for a period of 18 months with the possibility of extension. The salary is based upon wage group TVL 13. We prefer to balance the number of female and male employees in our institute. Thus we kindly encourage female candidates to apply to this job offer. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified candidates. Please send your application, referring to application code WA 08/12, including CV and all relevant documents until May 18, 2012 to
Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für Informationstechnik Berlin (ZIB)
- Verwaltung -
D-14195 Berlin, Germany
or via e-mail to our personnel department (jobszib.de), phone +49 30 84185-103
You will find additional information on our web site: http://www.zib.de or http://www.zib.de/visual/medical . For technical information, please contact Dr. Stefan Zachow (phone +49 30 84185-275, E-Mail: zachowzib.de).