June 13th, 2009
The Eurographics/IEEE Symposium on Visualization 2009 is over.
193 people had registered for the conference.
The slides of Pat Hanrahan’s keynote “Systems of Thought” are available here.
- Best Paper Award: Visualisation of Sensor Data from Animal Movement, by: Edward Grundy, Mark W. Jones, Robert S. Laramee, Rory P. Wilson and Emily L.C. Shepard
- 2nd Best Paper: On Visualization and Reconstruction from Non-Uniform Point Sets using B-Splines, by: Erald Vuçini, Torsten Möller and M. Eduard Gröller
- 3rd Best Paper: Collaborative Brushing and Linking for Co-located Visual Analytics of Document Collections, by: Petra Isenberg and Danyel Fisher
The proceedings appeared as Vol. 28 No. 3 of Computer Graphics Forum. Copies can be bought in the EG web shop. Electronic versions of the papers will become available in the Digital Library of EG.
Photos of the conference will become available soon.
EuroVis 2010 will take place in Bordeaux, France, on 9-11 June, 2010:
- Nov 27, 2009: abstract submission
- Dec 04, 2009: paper submission
May 29th, 2009
All EuroVis participants are invited to the Open House at ZIB on eve of EuroVis, June 9, from 18:00 – 20:00. There you can
- register for EuroVis 2009,
- collect your name badge and conference material,
- and see demos & posters of the Visualization and Data Analysis Department at ZIB.
Beverages will be served. Here you find information about the location.
May 28th, 2009
BerlinTourCards are available at the registration desk from June, 9. to June 12. We sell 48 hrs and 72 hrs cards for both tariff zones.
May 12th, 2009
The Harnack House is fully booked during June 9 – 12. You may still get a room in case of cancellations. We suggest to make use of the hotels given on the accomodation page and the pages referenced there. For the nights before June 9 rooms in the Harnack House are still available (this might be suitable if you attend only an EuroVis09 Satellite Event).
If you stay in the Harnackhaus or the affiliated guest house: in the guest rooms there is only LAN available; for internet access bring an extension cable (Ethernet, RJ45 connector) with you!
April 28th, 2009
Early registration ends on Sat, May 9.
The reservation of the room contingent in Harnack House for EuroVis09 and its satellite events expires also on that day; afterwards the Max Planck Society will allocate the rooms to other interested parties, too.
April 9th, 2009
We are very proud to announce that – for the first time in EuroVis history – child care will be offered during the sessions. See here.
March 25th, 2009
The capstone presentation will be given by Helmut Grubmüller (Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen).
March 19th, 2009
In connection with EuroVis09 two satellite events will take place on June 9, 2009:
- VisMaster Workshop ”Data Management & Visual Analytics”
- DFG SPP Tutorial “Visual Analytics”.
See page satellite events.
March 19th, 2009
The registration for EuroVis 2009 conference is open. Register before May 10, 2009 to take advantage of early registration rates.
Please note the important dates:
- 09 May 2009 – Early registration ends
- 12 June 2009 – Late and onsite registration ends.
March 6th, 2009
In addition to your revised manuscript, also submit a revision report providing the details of how you addressed the comments of the reviewers. Please zip this report together with the revised paper and upload in SRM in category ‘final version’. See page Submissions Instructions (Papers). The deadline for submission is Friday, March 13, 2009, 24:00 (UTC/GMT).